Sunday, February 24, 2013

4 Weeks of 5FU

After 4 weeks, a 15 ml bottle of 5FU chemical treatment, and two boxes of latex gloves for smearing the 5FU all over my arms I have finished this treatment option.  While I thought the Blue-U treatment was going to take care of all of the sun damaged cells....it didn't.  I can only hope the 5FU treatment has done that for me. 

The last week has been a struggle not clawing my skin off!  I finally called the doctor's office and they said it was acceptable to use some Aquaphor to put on them.  If you recall, and if you don't go back to the post with the pictures, my arms were covered in lesions from the 5FU.  Well, those lesions finally started drying out and created huge scabs. Those scabs began cracking...leaving long open cracks in my arm....so I had both dry itchy skin and open oozing wounds.  Using the Aquaphor was a huge win.  It eased the itching and help the skin remoisturize so the open cracks began healing.

As of this writing, my arms are extremely tender and I still have a lot of itching.  It doesn't help that my oldest son, who is taking some classes at home this semester, came home with a gorgeous and extremely energetic Australian Shepherd mix puppy.  She is great to have around except when she wants to play.  She likes to use her paws and claws to attack....and that includes trying to grab my arms.  Needless to say, every once in awhile she is quicker than I am and scrapes my arms with her claws.....OUCH!!!  The other issue I am having is bumping in to EVERYTHING!!!  

I never realized just how tender they were until earlier tonight when I was reaching in the cabinet to pull out a pan for cooking.  I didn't pay attention to how close I was to the edge and scraped my left arm....again.....OUCH!!  I am going to keep using the Aquaphor for a couple of days.  Hopefully, the soreness goes away soon.  I also realize that I have to stay out of the sun for awhile. 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing these products! I am wondering about the products that were proscribed by your AZ dermatologist.
    Thanks:
    obagi nu derm starter kit

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you go through best Skin Clinic then you can definitely overcome in a short period of time. Thanks for the information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you
    skin cancer
    http://healthy-woman.tk/how-skin-cancer-destroyed-her-nose/

    ReplyDelete