Monday, January 28, 2013

Day 3 of the 5FU treatment & kick off of 2013 24 Hours of Booty planning

Today is the 3rd day of the 5FU treatment and I am afraid to think of what my arms are going to look like at the end of the full 4 weeks.  Let's just say that the drying of the skin is already pretty bad and the "promised" effect of targeting the bad skin cells as my left arm looks horrible.  There are more little red spots on my left arm that I could have ever imagined.  I thought the Blue-U treatment had pulled out all of the bad cells...boy was I was wrong!!

I checked in with my LiveSTRONG Navigate Cancer nurse over the weekend and she gave me a ton of great information about the chemo treatment 5FU, how long it has been around, and really answered all of my questions about any potential side effects for this topical treatment.  Of course, I knew the dry skin, peeling, itching, etc. were going to be side effects; however, I didn't know there was the potential for some of the other side effects.  Just goes to show you that the services LiveSTRONG offer are truly AWESOME!

The day ended with such a rush of excitement!  If you know anything about me you know I am a dedicated volunteer, rider, and fundraiser for 24 Hours of Booty here in Charlotte!  For the past 4 years I have been working on the "Booty Organizing Committee" which is a group of folks who work with the full time staff to make the event happen.  Tonight was the first planning meeting for the newly renamed Logistics Team.  The people on this team are like family to me.  There are cancer survivors, people who have been impacted by cancer, or simply folks who just want to make an impact in the cancer community!  I am excited about another year.  Be looking for my fundraising notes soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment